Tebibyte Media is the culmination of what free software and open-access philosophy is all about—preserving and promoting the essential freedom to share:
Our Network is designed to facilitate and spread that spirit of sharing, cooperation, and solidarity by providing to members firm foundations of support. If your project or community is young and you and your team is not sure how to build a userbase, maintain your own services, or if you need a way to get yourself and your work out there, you should consider applying!
Even if you've been around the block, we're always accepting new members who share our values, and experienced Network members are also extremely important to us.
Tebibyte Media's infrastructure is maintained by a few individuals who work on it in their spare time. As a result, funding is tight, so any donations are highly appreciated. Donations are accepted through Liberapay and Open Collective.
- Richard Stallman – Free Software, Free Society [PDF]
- As the de-facto leader of the free software world and the founder of the Free Software Foundation, RMS has written a number of works. These are not limited to free software; though, of course, that is what he is known for. This book is an accumulation of the most important of his writing.
- Eric S. Raymond – The Cathedral and the Bazaar [XHTML]
Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow.In his critique of the “cathedral-builder style” of software development, ESR covers the importance of the practical principles behind free software  development.
- Daniel Stenberg – Uncurled [HTML]
- Stenberg's guide to developing free software  projects focuses on the less-obvious aspects of the process—for example, the section entitled “Your project” covers the difficulties of starting itself.